The Denver Botanic Gardens has no shortage of stunning places to fit all types of weddings. From small, intimate elopements to large, 300+ guest weddings, every ceremony and reception spot is surrounded by gorgeous flowers and greenery. When you decide to have your wedding here, you get the care and attention of a dedicated staff coordinator and have access to the entire gardens for photographs on your wedding day. I love weddings at Denver Botanic Garden because there’s beautiful scenery all around… there are so many opportunities for couples to tuck away for a quiet moment surrounded by flowers and greenery.
Incorporated February 3, 1951 as the Botanical Gardens Foundation of Denver, the now-Denver Botanic Gardens has grown from a small group of horticulturally minded citizens into a major civic organization. With a prominent conservatory and core city gardens complemented by a 750-acre suburban campus at Chatfield, Denver Botanic Gardens has become the nation’s most-visited botanic gardens. From an original collection of mostly native plants, it has expanded to include plant material from all over the world in more than forty different gardens. Behind the scenes, Denver Botanic Gardens is also a research institution with scientists using the collections and field studies to learn more about topics such as biodiversity, conservation, and sustainability.
Ceremony & Reception Sites
Outdoor Covered Spaces Include:
- Annuals Garden and Pavilion: This garden features a stunning water feature, surrounded by beds filled with selected annuals from across America, a patio area and a romantic covered structure.
- Seated ceremony under the pavilion: 200 guests; Seated reception under the pavilion: 120 guests; Standing reception: 250 guests
- Water Garden Gazebo: This picturesque space is surrounded by the stunning Monet Pool, filled with aquatic plants, and is adjacent to Le Potager garden. With bridges and water streams, this spot is perfect for small and intimate gatherings.Seated ceremony: 30 guests; Seated reception: 20 guests; Standing reception: 40 guests
- West Terrace: This tented space overlooks the stunning Monet Pool and Japanese Garden, features complimentary misters, twinkle lights and large, potted floralsSeated ceremony: 250 guests; Seated reception: 175 guests; Standing reception: 250 guests
- Woodland Mosaic And Solarium: This amazing space features the charming solarium, perfect for small gatherings and parties. It’s nestled like a “secret garden,” surrounded by stunning retaining wall gardens, trees and flowers. It also features a complimentary lounge area and patio.Seated ceremony: 50 guests; Seated reception inside solarium: 40 guests; Seated reception (inside and outside): 60 guests; Standing reception: 75 guests
- UMB Bank Amphitheater Tent: This space is completely covered and features clear side panels along with twinkle lights. It is atop a cement pad and looks out onto the Steppe Garden.Seated ceremony: 1,200 guests; Seated reception: 600 guests; Standing reception: 1,300 guests
- Orangery: This unique space is adjacent to the greenhouses and is surrounded by glass windows and glass garage doors that look out onto Shady Lane. This space also features planters around the walls with our collection of seasonally changing displays, and can be both indoor and outdoor depending on the weather.Seated reception: 100 guests; Standing reception: 125 guests (option to open the garage doors for additional seating)
Outdoor Uncovered Spaces Include:
- Romantic Gardens: This European-inspired garden is surrounded by beautiful roses, stunning architecture and classic charm! This space can accommodate up to 250 guests seated and features two lovely gazebos. This garden also allows for private access to the Ellipse garden, which features the sculpture Colorado by artist Dale Chihuly.
- Seated Ceremony: 250 guests
- South African Plaza: This expansive plaza features beautiful potted plants, a secluded pergola and a babbling brook perfect for photos.
- Seated ceremony: 80 guests; Seated reception: 60 guests; Standing reception: 125 guests
Indoor Spaces Include:
- Mitchell Hall: The largest event space which features a dome ceiling, optional skylight and plenty of room of multiple event setups. It has a proscenium stage, rear projection screen and complimentary LED lighting. It also has access to a patio which overlooks our beautiful Sensory Garden.
- Seated ceremony: 330 guests; Seated reception: 300 guests; Standing reception: 550 guests
- Marnie’s Pavilion: This stunning indoor space features a tropical garden with exotic orchid displays, windows looking into the greenhouses, hard flooring perfect for dancing and a great balcony for photos.
- Seated reception on balcony: 80 guests; Seated reception (multi-level): 120 guests; Standing reception: 150 guests; Optional seated ceremony available upon request
- Gates Hall: Gates Hall is an intimate space with large, intricate, wood-detailed doors and floor to ceiling windows. Built-in AV capabilities* with projection screen for a fun slide show and surround sound for music make this space ideal for small receptions.
- 90 guests max
According to information gathered from WeddingWire.com, you can expect to pay an average of between $5,000 and $7,000 for 100 guests at Denver Botanic Gardens. This depends of time of year, day of week, and time of day on your wedding date.
- Complimentary admission for you and your guests all day
- Free parking garage and convenient ride share pick-up and drop-off point
- Access to Denver Botanic Gardens inventory of tables and chairs
- List of preferred and approved caterers
- Denver Botanic Gardens does not have a liquor license, which provides you the opportunity to purchase your own alcohol
- In-house A/V Services Department to help make sure the audio and visual elements of your day run smoothly